Yureka is one of the most sought after devices especially for the features it offers for the price. The device sports a 5.5 inch HD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa core processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. The phone also comes with 13MP rear camera with flash and runs Android 4.4 KitKat with Cyanogen OS on top of it. If you have been an Android user, you might be already knowing that rooting the device gives you access to more options and similar to other devices, you can also root Yureka. In this tutorial we will share the steps to root the Yureka by unlocking the bootloader and installing recovery.
Important Note: We will not be responsible for any issues caused by rooting the device using this method, proceed at your own risk. Rooting Yureka will NOT void your warranty.
Steps to Root Yureka:
Unlocking the Bootloader:
1. First step is to take a back up of all personal files including photos, music and videos. Now power off the device.
2. You need to have ADB and Fastboot installed to sent terminal commands to your phone via USB. The easiest option is to use ADB installer available here.
3. Attach USB cable to your device and connect it to PC. The LED near the speaker at the top goes red.
4. As soon as the LED glows keep the volume up button pressed. You will see the fastboot screen now.
5. Now open the command prompt on your desktop and type the following code.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
5. This will delete all your data in the phone and now the bootloader is unlocked.
1. The next step is to install CWM recovery. You can download the recovery for Yureka from here. Now save it on your ADB Fastboot folder on your PC.
2. Open the command window and type the command:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
Rooting the Device:
Now that you have unlocked the bootloader and installed Recovery, you can now root the phone.
1. First step is to download SuperUser, which can be done from here.
2. Copy this file on to your SD card on the phone.
3. Now turn off your phone and boot in CWM recovery mode. This can be done by pressing volume up + volume down + power button.
4. You will be able to see the Recovery Mode. Now select Install zip from SD card and select the superuser zip file you copied on your phone SD card in the previous step.
5. The files will be installed and your phone will be rooted now. Reboot the device and you will see root access on your Yureka.