Apple has announced the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C at the event in Cupertino today. Just as rumoured, Apple has announced a budget iPhone along with its main stream iPhone 5S, which comes with host of new features. While Apple has not made any changes to the display size, which remains at 4 inch, there are quite a lot of new features and the most important one being the completely redesigned iOS7.
The iPhone 5S comes with new features including the fingerprint sensor for security which is wrapped around the home button. On the hardware front it comes with the same 4-inch Retina display with new A7 processor which is 64bit, probably the first mobile phone with 64 bit chip.
Another major change is the colors of new iPhone 5S, it will come in grey, white and gold colors and Apple has stopped the black iPhone.
Here are the new features in iPhone 5S:
Touch ID: A new fingerprint identity sensor around the home button for security. Put your finger on the Home button, and just like that your iPhone unlocks. Your fingerprint can also approve purchases from iTunes or the App Store.
All-new A7 and M7 chips: The new 64-bit A7 chip delivers up to 2x faster CPU and graphics performance.And the new M7 motion coprocessor handles specific tasks to make iPhone 5s even more power efficient.
New iSight camera: A 15 percent larger sensor with a wider ƒ/2.2 aperture. It also features a True Tone flash, Burst mode and slo-mo video. The new 8-megapixel iSight camera packs in so much great technology, it’s even easier to get a great shot.
Ultrafast LTE wireless: iPhone 5s supports more LTE bands than ever, which means you can get ultrafast LTE coverage in more places.
iOS 7: iOS 7 takes full advantage of the advanced technologies built into iPhone — including the 64-bit A7 chip and Touch ID. And it introduces great new features like smarter multitasking, AirDrop, and Control Center.
Here is the Technical specs of iPhone 5S:
- Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
- Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
- Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)
- Retina display: 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display with 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- A7 chip with 64-bit architecture
- M7 motion coprocessor
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button
- Camera: 8 megapixels with 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture and 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Facetime Camera: 1.2MP photos (1280 by 960), 720p HD video recording
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Fingerprint identity sensor
- Up to 250 hours battery standy
Price in India:
iPhone 5S US unlocked pricing is as below.
- 16GB- $649
- 32GB- $749
- 64GB- $849
This means the iPhone 5S should be around the Rs 46000, Rs 52000 and Rs 56000 price in India. The release would be in December 2013.