rtRemote is a freeware app for Windows 8 which is a remote control for iTunes that offers similar functionality to the Apple Remote App for the iPad and iPhone. This app supports music, podcasts, movies and TV programmes and displays all your favorite cover art, DVD artwork and track metadata. To make this app work, you need to have iTunes 10.7 running on a Windows 8 tablet on your network. rtRemote does not require any other software to be installed on your Windows 8 PC or tablet. Please ensure iTunes is set up to ‘Share my library on my local network’. This option is found within iTunes under the Edit / Preferences menu.
When first run , rtRemote needs to be paired with your iTunes library. It’s a really simple process that takes only 30 seconds – the App will guide you through the steps to do this on first launch.
- Remote control iTunes and your iTunes library from your Windows 8 PC or Tablet
- View your iTunes library and playlists to select tracks to play
- Play music to AirPlay speakers (including support for “Party Mode” to play the same track to multiple AirPlay speakers)
- Choose tracks from your iTunes library to stream to your Apple TV
- Search for tracks, movies, tv episodes, and artists using the Windows 8 Search charm
- Displays all your media’s artwork and metadata such as cast, director, content rating
- Supports iHomeServer for running iTunes as a service
- Supports Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 RT