One of the best archiving and compressing applications available for Windows has launched WinZip for Android which is now available for Google Play Store. You can now download WinZip for Android free of cost from Play store. The first version of the application allows users to extract and archive files on their Android phones and/or tablets.
WinZip for Android Features;
- Receive a zip file and view supported image, text and web files directly within the WinZip app. Easily open other popular file formats with 3rd party app integration.
- Open encrypted Zip files (including AES128 and AES256) to review sensitive material safely while on the go.
- Copy unzipped content to the clipboard to paste into an email or another application. Save the last extracted zip file to access at later time.
- Automatically unzip and install Android apps (.apk files) delivered as .zip files from Google Play or the Amazon Appstore.
File Support and 3rd Party Integration
WinZip for Android lets you view:
- Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif)
- Text files (.rtf, .csv, .txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml,.css, .java, .cs, .h, .m,.cpp,.c,.sql,. properties)
- Web files (htm, .html,.jsp,.asp)
WinZip for Android lets you open other popular file types in 3rd party apps:
- Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
- PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
- PDF files (.pdf)